Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Lesson of Moso Bamboo

Do you consider yourself "stagnant" in terms of career growth or personal success despite of many efforts and sacrifices you have given up? 

Been there!

Before I continue my story, let me ask you this question: Do you know the difference between CHANGE and PROGRESS?

According to Anthony Robbins, "Change is automatic but progress is not". He said that changes happen everyday. You change your career. You change your address. You change your car. You change your hairstyle. You change your business. The economy changes, the weather...etc..etc. 

What is progress then? Progress, according to Anthony Robbins, is equals to IMPROVEMENT. 

You might ask, where is the lesson of Moso bamboo tree now?

First, let me tell you a short story about the Moso bamboo.

If you plant a Moso bamboo, do you know that you cannot see any growth for the whole five years. As in no sprout, nothing at all!

You mean, after watering it and putting fertilizers, it doesn't grow a thing?

Yes!

Don't worry. After 5 years, it will grow 2 feet everyday? And can grow up to more than 90 feet!

Really?

Because during those 'stagnant'  years, it focuses on growing its network of roots below the ground.

From zero growth in five years to more than 90 feet high in just two months, that's I call real PROGRESS.

How about you? Are you growing your roots? If there's no changes happening in your life, make sure you are doing internal progress down under. 

How you can grow invisible progress? 

-You can pursue your studies.
-You can read more books on finance, investment, personal growth etc.
-You can learn new things.
-You can meet people who are already successful in life.

But before starting any progress, you have to diagnose first these four areas of your life: MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL and SPIRITUAL.

After doing my online mentoring in 2010, I've learned that my financial condition affects my mental, emotional, physical and spiritual being. (I will discuss more about it on my next blog, promise)

Since I came to Qatar in 2008 up to present time, I had lots of progress already:  From fretful to being in control. From scarce mentality to abundant mentality. From employee mindset to entrepreneur mindset. 

Like the Moso bamboo, I've grown most of my roots and still growing.  And I'm looking forward to have my own exponential growth in terms of finances to fulfill my mission in life three years from now, as the Arab says; Insha-Allah (God willing).





No comments:

Post a Comment