Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Root of All Evil: Bad Money Habits


Are you buried in credit card debts right now? If that's the case, can I ask you another question? How many credit cards you have? 3? 5? 10? Whew!

Maybe you would say, "I'll just pay my outstanding debts and I'll cut them off." As an emotional being, promises like this one will never be fulfilled because tomorrow or next days, you will accumulate again another debt. And the cycle goes on and on...and on.

Let me suggest one thing. CUT IT OFF RIGHT NOW! By doing so, you're already giving yourself a great favor. The "chains of debt"  in your being will start to lose its power and influence over you because you already proclaimed in the universe that you want to be free. It doesn't matter whether you have surmountable outstanding balance in that credit card, what matter is, your chances of creating another debts become NIL. Nada. Zero. Don't worry about the credit card companies. Even without your credit card, they will survive.  But keeping your credit cards especially those that only give you endless headaches and nightmares will shorten your life because of  S-T-R-E-S-S. Focus on your financial future. If these credit cards prevent you from having a sound sleep every night, then, what's the use of having a second thought?

You want something to inspire you on how you're going to dramatize the death of your credit cards? Watch this video...


I was also a victim of this credit card slavery. It's good that I have only one credit card. Before, I envied my office mates because they possess many credit cards. I'm so thankful that  my applications for other credit cards were disapproved. Let me tell you why I'm thankful. After 2 to 3 months of using their new credit cards, most of my office mates were hiding from credit card companies. It's either they were absent, sick-leave or resigned. They become the world's greatest scriptwriter of all time. So am I. The funny thing was at most cases, they have to pretend to be someone else, or change voice when speaking to a steadfast agent over the phone (the great pretender!). So am I.

Now, my only begotten credit card has already been paid off. 

What is the cause of these bad money habits?

In his book SpeedWealth T. Harv Eker says, "Money is only a convenient symbol that represents and measures the value of goods and services exchanged between people." See, it's only a symbol, nothing else. Your habits about money will determine whether you will become "good" or "bad" in handling your money. Does money gives you freedom? Does money lets you become self-centered?

We love to buys clothes even most of the time we're already confuse what to wear. We love to buy stuff even we can live without them. We love to be updated of what is "in". At times, we only live and care for today even it means "emptying" our future because of unnecessary debts.

So what do you think is the cause of bad money habits? I called it ATTACHMENT The act attaching, or state of being attached; close adherence or affection; fidelity; regard; an/ passion of affection that binds a person; as, an attachment to a friend, or to a party (http://ardictionary.com)

If your certain attachment to a person or materials things prevents you from achieving your financial growth, what do you think is the best thing to do? 

I didn't say that credit card is bad. It's a neutral thing. Its purpose depends on the person who handles it. If you are buried in credit card debts, it only means one thing: YOU HAVE A BAD MONEY HABITS. You are the only person who can say whether my statement is right or wrong. If I'm wrong then prove it.


While you are still learning how to detach yourself from the cause of your debt slavery, it's better to CUT OFF everything that hinders you from growing. You can start from your credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment